Why visit this blog?

Instead of being rude, self-centered and greedy, I think Americans can be polite, humble and generous. Let's use this blog to share ideas about how we can all help each other.




Friday, September 24, 2010

Thursday night lights

I probably will not have time to post on Thursdays now because the NBC Thursday night lineup is back on!  Yeah, lame I know, but I have to have my "Office" and "30 Rock" fix.  What happened to "Parks and Recreation"?  I really enjoyed the characters on that show.  Speaking of humor, I've found that using it can really diffuse highly charged arguments.  It is not appropriate to use it in every situation, but it does help put the argument into perspective.  It deflates the "anger bubbles" we get into when we argue.  It also helps the people arguing see each others points of view.  Try to make sure though that you do not make the humor personal or downplay the participants opinions.

My favorite part of last night's "30 Rock" was Kevin receiving a tote bag with "The Mentalist" logo on it from CBS as a perk.

Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment